Wednesday, March 6, 2013

7 March 2013


OH MY GIDDY AUNT!!!!

I even screamed out loud when I read that mum!!!!  Oh my goodness, I don't feel like emailing for very long because I am just so excited!  Of course it's up to President Gillette's discretion but this wouldn't be the first set of parents to see their children on Temple Square.  Oh, I am so happy even at the prospect of seeing you both! Ahhhhh!   But, it does all come down to whether President plans on sending me outbound on my next transfer or not .  We will wait and see.  But my fingers are crossed and I'm just excited that you get to come here and spend time at my mission.  Yay!!!! I love, love, love it!!!

Well, besides all that fun news I am sad to hear about your leg Joseph and hope you feel better soon!!! 

Our practices for our upcoming performance next week has improved so much and I know the Lord is helping the sisters with their poi because, boy, they have learnt so much and so fast! Seriously, it has  only just been over a month that we've been practicing and they are already for the village at PCC.  Haha.  I can't wait until next week to come even though I am getting burnt out by all the training.  But, the Lord is helping me to know where my limits are.

One of our investigators - Steve -  from England was doing so well and was on track for his baptism date but wanted to wait for his dad to be their so he pushed his baptism back. Well, we hadn't heard from hime for over a week and it wasn't like him.  We finally made contact and learnt that he has clinical depression and was in hospital. He told us that he is now an Athiest because he doesn't believe that if there was a God that he would be so cruel to anybody.  It was a hard thing for us to hear because my companion and I both care about him so much and I know that it's his depression that is speaking.   I have never felt so heart broken as I did when we hung up the phone and my companion and I had a little cry and the other sisters from our district were giving us hugs.  The hardest thing was that we know he has a testimony and he needs to rely on God the most now, especially during this trial but he is pushing him away.   We assured him that God loves him and that we would still be here.  We were so depressed after the conversation and we are not the first or last set of missionaries to have this happen to us. In the end,  the church is still true, I believe in Christ so what else matters?  We will trust that the Lord will watch over him and help him.  We wrote to the wonderful Evans family in England asking if they would write to Steve and share their testimonies to him and they are so sweet.  They said they would fast and pray for him too. Great family!  Abi is now the 2nd counsellor in their Young Women's presidency and Daniel is up there passing the sacrament. Tender mercies of the Lord.

And thanks heaps sister for this inspired excerpt:

Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit.

-Elder Richard G. Scott

It was just what my companion and I needed because there has been a lot of trials with our investigators this week and more specifically this transfer. Nice to know the Lord is helping us grow!

Well, we got some cool news today in that our Mission President read a letter from the First Presidency allowing all the missionaries around the world to email friends and family on P-Day's and we have been given up to two hours of emailing time if we wanted to use it. How cool is that??? So friends of mine if you are reading this you can now email me and I will email you  back so please, "Go for Gold!"  I will try my best to email you back.

Love you all family,

Stay safe in Aussie mum!!!  Can't wait for the phone call to go to President's office this week! Haha.

Sister Chadderton xoxo

No pics this week but watch this uplifting Mormon message!

http://youtu.be/xdN8rfwW3SI Enjoy love you's!



No comments:

Post a Comment