Tuesday, April 30, 2013

1 May 2013


Hi Family and friends!

This email is entitled, "What a rollercoaster week" for a reason so hang tight!

So, my poor companion Sister Whaley has spent a good two weeks at home give or take a few hours here and there.  When she was able to she would make phone calls in the Teaching Center.  Well, Thursday morning we had our Relief Society meeting in the Assembly Hall because we were having a dress rehearsal after class and my companion was feeling up to attending so she did.  Relief Society was awesome and so was the rehearsal and then we had lunch and I practiced my Australian song, "We are Australian" and then we went to the teaching center.  While we were at the teaching centre President Gillette called asking to meet with my companion.  So we toodle over there and I waited outside and when she finished she came out looking like she'd just been slapped in the face.  Well, I ask what happened and President says, "She will tell you!"  I learnt that President has asked her to reconsider going home the following morning.  She was trying to wait until the 4th of May to go home because her parents can't meet her because they are currently cruising in the Panama and don't get home until May 4th. So she has been asked to call her Aunty who lives in California to see if she can stay with her for a few  days.  She called her Aunty and then we went and ate something because she was in shock and then later we went home and finished packing her things.  The next morning we went to Blue Lemon Restaurant for breakfast and at 9:30 a.m. we met with President Gillette who said, "There has been a flurry of activity this morning, Sister Whaley here is your itinerary and I will be releasing you in a few minutes!"  Sister Whaley then says, "No!"  Well, President gave her his departing blessing and released her effective of when giving her Aunty a hug in California.  So, at 2:30 p.m. my Zone leaders drive us to the airport and we drop my companion off and say goodbye.  This all happened in less than 24 hours!  President decided that my new companion would be Sister Doraiswamy from India for four days until transfers.  Sister Doraiswamy had been put in a trio because her companion Sister Imai had also gone home sick. So, we meet up, have a early dinner and then go home to move her things.

Well, it's been  great to be back on the Square and for our first day of planning Sister Doraiswamy and I spent three hours on the Square finding new people to teach by either contacting them or taking tours and it was a great feeling.  When we got home we had sore feet and I actually fell asleep on the floor because I was so exhausted.  After 20 minutes I woke up and dragged myself to actually change and do the essentials before I got into my bed. Good feeling!

Sunday came and Sacrament meeting was crazy because my mission mom, Sister Calderwood gave a talk which means her class is the next group to depart.  Following Sacrament we met in our Zones to read the announcements for the day and we read, "Transfer Conference will be happening at 8:30 p.m. tonight!!!"   I was hyperventilating a little, after having a mini heart attack first when I read that news, because I realized that we didn't have to stay awake all night nervously wondering about transfers.   That night we all received our new assignments and guess what family???? My companion is, ".....COMING FROM THE MTC!!!!"  I will have my very own newbie companion/child to train and I am so excited!  I have been feeling like I would be training this transfer so I'm happy because that means I have two transfers with my new companion on the Square and then I'm positive I will be sent outbound after.  So, we won't find out until 11:00 a.m. tomorrow the names of our new companions but I'm hoping for an Asian sister!!!  Sister Vaivai is also training and Sister Magaoay too, so its nice having some of my friends that will be doing the same thing together. Training is definitely not going to be easy but I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a better consecrated missionary to set a good example for my new companion.  Monday morning we didn't have transfer conference because we had a meeting with Brother Harvey Wright who was the project manager for the conference center construction and he had cool photos of when it was being built and told us a lot about the details. Then afterwards we had donuts and took some fun photos on the roof. Lucky it was 7:30 a.m. because no one else was on the roof!

I feel so much better this week and I know the Lord knows my potential because I sometimes feel as if he is pushing me to my limits and then lifts me up out of the depths of despair just at the right time.  "Refiners fire" is all I can say but very grateful to look back and see what it is he wants me to learn.

We have our second performance tonight and my new P-Day is now Monday so I will let you know how the performance goes and the name of my new companion next week!

Love you family and I got an Australian package of goodies from my mate Stacie Laulu and it was so nice!  I was sharing my Tim Tams when President and Sister Gillette came by so they can say they've eaten a real Tim Tam now!  Haha!

Have a great week. 

Sister Chadderton xoxox  

No comments:

Post a Comment