Tuesday, April 23, 2013

24 April 2013


Hi Family!!!

So, so,  glad to hear the parentals made it home safely.  I was praying for you mum and dad and was so happy to learn you are home safe. Sounds like everybody is alot happier now you're home except me.  But I had such a fun time seeing you more than once and it was great and I'm grateful we were able to spend that time together!!!!

Mum, you know I won't be upset if you all end up moving to Utah as I always felt like it was the next destination for us to experience together.  And, it'll be closer to where I will be going to school so really, Joe just needs to find a job here and I know we'll all be set.  Haha!

Oh, I wanted to thank a few special people who wrote me or sent me things these past few weeks.  I received the most international mail ever in one week.  Thanks to Mel, the Horrick's, the Kuhn's, Jessica and the Stebbings family. Thank you for brightening up my week!!!!

Well, as you learnt in my previous email,  my companion is going home at the end of this transfer so I've had a lot of time at home with her or on exchanges with different sisters.  It's been a little challenging because we haven't been able to work together much. I was praying for peace one morning because my companion was sick again and I was really stressing (this has been happening quite a bit of late) but my prayers have been answered.  One particular incident was when I was trying to find an exchange companion so I could go and sing with our small Group Choir for the Mission President's and their wives in Utah.  It just so happened that Sister Vaivai's companion - Sister Bee - was sick and needed to stay home so it was an answer to prayer and we left our two companion's together while we went off to sing in the choir.  We sang two songs and it was the best we have EVER sung and the ladies were crying and they got up and applauded at the end.  Then our Mission President stands up and says, "The sister missionaries will now be joining us for brunch" and so we got to mix and mingle with everyone and we ate at the Lion House Restaurant and had their, "MASSIVE" cinnamon rolls. Yummmm!  We had so much fun.   Sister Vaivai and I spent the rest of the day together and we took an investigator lesson with a lady who had cancelled twice in the past but came this time and we learnt that she was from New Zealand - go figure!  The Lord needed the only two kiwis to be on exchange for this lesson.  It was a lot of fun and we invited her to come for another tour and to bring her daughter who wasn't a member.  Hopefully, that will happen soon.  At 5:00 p.m. we called our companions to check and see how they were doing only to find out that they hadn't eaten anything all day.  Oh my goodness, we rushed home and I learnt that my companion wanted pasta and Sister Vaivai's companion didn't want to eat anything but my chocolates.  So, I made Sister Bee some mashed potatoes and told her she had to eat them before she could have chocolate.  Needless to say she ate it and then had the chocolate.  NZ chocolate heals everything.  Haha. I 'm so grateful to have Sister Vaivai here with me because she keeps me sane when at times I feel like exploding.  I know the Lord answers my prayers!

Oh, before I forget, we have the Sound of Music performance on April 30 2013 at 7:30 p.m. in the Assembly Hall.  It is being broadcast as a, "Missionary Fireside" but it's the same performance we did last time. Our practices have been a lot better than when we performed the first time so I know the second time we are going to go all out.  I've got to find me a green top because last time I just borrowed somebody elses and with a few sisters having returned home we will have more room on the stage and not as many clashes with our poi.  Mum, I've run out of invitations so can you please FB the Savaiinaea's and Buntings to let them know and to bring investigators because that's why we're doing it.  They should come early because its going to be packed!

Well, today for P-DAY I'm going on exchanges with Sister Magaoay because both our companions aren't up for shopping so for us its like reliving our MTC days because we were companion's in the MTC.  But now we are mobile.

Moral of the story for the week:  "Pray hard, work hard, give thanks more and everything will be okay."

Have a great week, stay safe.

Sister Chadderton

P.s.  I love you


No comments:

Post a Comment