Tuesday, October 15, 2013

15 October 2013

Hi family!

Thank you for all your prayers and emails this past week. I have had an awesome week and I will be leaving the South Carolina Columbia Mission on Wednesday morning to fly back to Temple Square. Tomorrow we are driving to Irmo where I will say goodbye to my companion because she will be training and needs to attend a meeting with the new trainees.  I will be with another companionship in the Hopkin area until 5:00 p.m. after which I will stay the night at the Mission home with Sister Nilsson.  We will wake up early the next morning to catch our flight at 4:00 a.m. to Salt Lake City.  It will be a very short night!

As mentioned earlier, this past week has been good and we have been finding more and more people to teach. We had dinner with a lovely family the other day and I learnt that the wife is not a member.  She said she would be interested in learning more about the gospel and she even attended church on Sunday with her two children.  It was a huge miracle!  Unfortunately, her husband's work stops him from attending Church on Sunday's but I loved how she came without him.  She's wonderful.  We sang in two different Wards this past Sunday.  One Ward met at 9:00 a.m. and wanted us to do a musical item because they heard us practising for Zone Conference a while ago so we sang for them and then we sang again in our own Ward.  It was awesome, especially when the speaker in our Ward spoke about the Prophet Joseph Smith's First vision and we just happened to sing the song, "Joseph Smith's  First Vision" to the tune of, "Homeward Bound."  Double witness of the truthfulness of the Prophet Joseph Smith and his First vision!!!  It was so neat.

Well, today is going to be a busy day and I said most of my goodbyes yesterday and I know I will miss my Ward SOOOOO much.  I love the people here and I'm so grateful that I got to meet so many wonderful people.  I still have lots of laundry to do along with packing, printing off photo's and going to Bishop's house for pizza.  I'm so happy that my last night is at Bishop's because he's so awesome!  I hope you get to meet him because he's coming over to New Zealand in February for a holiday with his family.  You will love them!

I can't believe that the three months of my outbound experience has come to an end and I'm very much aware of the time I have left before my mission finishes.  I am so blessed with all of the experiences I've had.  I love you family  and please pray for me that I won't freeze when I get back to Salt Lake City on Wednesday!


Sister Chadderton xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment