Tuesday, October 1, 2013

1 October 2013


Aloha family,

We've had some awesome miracles this week which included going on exchanges with the travelling Sister missionaries - Sister Gale and Sister Garlick!  Joseph - I had your families photo hanging on the wall in my room and Sister Gale looked at it and said, "I know him, he's from Hawaii and he graduated from Kahuku High School!"  What a small world aye? Anyway, during exchanges we were able to find more people to share the gospel with.  There have been a few moments where I've wondered why I was sent to the South Carolina Colombia Mission to serve out my outbound experience and I believe I have had a few witnesses as to the reasons why.  One of these witnesses happened this week while we were visiting some less actives.  When we left the less actives home we decided to do some tracting in the neighborhood.  It just so happened that we knocked on this one door and a guy comes out and we introduce ourselves and ask him a few ice-breaker questions.  After the formalities he said,  "I'm actually moving overseas soon for College."  I then asked him, "Where are you moving to?"  He then replied, "I'm moving to New Zealand!"  You cannot imagine my surprise when he said that.  I told him that I was from New Zealand!  He was excited and told us that he was accepted to AUT and will be studying some course with a very complicated name that I can't remember.  His course starts in January 2014.  Crazy!  In all my excitement to hear that this guy was moving to our beautiful country I failed to seize the moment to ask if we could leave a message with him but we will try and visit him again during the week.  

We have been finding so many people to teach through the help of our less active and part member families in the Ward.  One of our investigators attended church yesterday and it was such a tender mercy.  The day before church, we called him to remind him of attending and he said that he had gone out to buy a white shirt because the other night when we had a lesson with him one of the members asked him if he had one.  He is from Hawaii and was just planning on wearing an Aloha shirt to church but when we had called him he told us that he wanted to show respect for Heavenly Father while at church so that's why he went out and bought one.  It was so cool having him come and sit with us at church.  Our Summerville 2nd Ward members are amazing because they really understand the importance of helping investigators and almost every testimony that was shared yesterday was directed at the investigators that were in attendance.  Those who shared their testimonies were all converts to the church and their stories really helped the investigators continue on their journey towards baptism.  The Spirit was so strong and I am so grateful for everyone who shared.

So, I caught the flu from Sister Gale while on exchanges and have been sniveling, coughing and sneezing a lot. My companion has been very patient with me and I swear the whole time I was on Temple Square I think I only ever got sick once.  However,  I come to South Carolina and I feel I am constantly battling something.  Oh well trials make us stronger!  This next week we have lots of training to do in Irmo.  We are going to a Missionary Leadership Council on Tuesday morning and then we have Leadership Training Coordination for the rest of Tuesday and the whole of Wednesday.  My companion and I are doing a whole training on teaching with members so that'll be fun.  I love how President Holm's gives my companion and I opportunities to give training to our fellow missionaries.   All the Zone leaders, District leaders, Trainers and Sister Training leaders of the mission will be at the leadership meeting so their will be a lot of people in attendance.  The mission home is approximately two hours from where we live in Charleston so we will be staying at the mission home for the two days of training.  I'm so excited!!!  I'm trying to get myself well enough so that I don't spread this flu bug with others.

Well, miracles happen everyday and while I feel I never have enough time to email you about all of them, I am glad you are enjoying my letters home where I feel I can write and share more about these miracle stories.

I love you all and thanks for your prayers.  It's kind of sad to think that I won't be on the Square during General Conference this weekend with my Sister's but I'm very excited for General Conference nonetheless.  We are watching the Saturday session at one of our members homes - the Waddle family - and on Sunday we will go to the Chapel with our investigator's to watch it.  The Relief Society broadcast was AMAZING!  It was all about making and keeping covenants and I know that's what this life is all about.

We have lots of lessons lined up for tonight with our investigators.  Yippee!

I love the Lord - One faith, One Lord, One baptism!

Sister Chadderton


P.s.  Awesome to hear about all the new mission calls.   I am so stoked for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment