Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12 December 2012


Familyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

Well, Winter is here and I wish I was more excited, but I don't like the cold so I'm coping good enough and am just going to tough it out. Thank you for the emails, I love the pictures but mum and dad you still have to send some pictures of the both of you! 

So much to tell you about this week. It has been a great week, no worries, and I keep seeing miracles happen.  I am so grateful for my companions and being in a trio is fun.  It's nice to have both of them as a support network for me.  Christmastime is great and I love thinking about the Saviour but I just keep seeing families around and missing my own.  It was so good to talk to you mum, dad, Hina and Rawiri and I wasn't sad at the time.  I'm just looking forward to calling you in less than two weeks.  I was also thinking that the next time I get to call home will be Mother's Day so I might ask President if I can call a few weeks later so I can talk to Buddy as well because he will be home in May.

Thank you for the sacrifices you make mum and dad to help us kids on our missions. I know it musn't be easy and I hope that because of our service you continue to be blessed.

Well, I talked with President this week about Sister J Chadderton coming to Temple Square and this is what he said:  "We can eat and visit together for an hour and the rest of the time we will be proselyting until she is to leave." He said he wants to meet her and that we can enjoy being missionaries together. So, I'm excited to be able to show my sister around my mission and enjoy being with her before she goes home to you all. I will send the Christmas presents home with her to save money. I also saw Aunty Niva and Ashevonne this week and Aunty Niva asked if she could bring me some food on Christmas day or pick me up and take me to her house.  I told her I couldn't call her and let her know what I can or can't do but I did ask President what he thought and he said if we meet at the Square and she wants to bring me food then thats fine with him.  So, Hina can you call Aunty Niva (your mother-inlaw) and see if she can meet me at the Flag pole at 12:00 noon on Christmas day and if that's a good time for her? If its not, that's okay.  I got excited when she offered to bring me some of her amazing cooking.

Amidst my, "pity party" as Sister J likes to call it, where I was feeling a little sad and didn't feel very loved (whichI know is Satan trying to discourage me from focusing on my mission), yesterday we had a mission tour with Elder Evans of the Seventy and he gave a great talk and the spirit was so strong.  I really felt like his talk confirmed that I am exactly where I'm meant to be and that the Lord is  helping me along the way.  Then, last night after contacting a family, a lady and her children stopped me and said that they were friends with you mum. The Kilts family, I'm not sure where they travelled from but Sister Kilts said that her son was serving a mission in Guatemala and she couldn't take him anything so she wanted to bring me something. Boy did I feel humbled to feel the love of the Lord from the members.  She didn't know that I was experiencing those feelings but it really made my day and helped lift my spirits.  Thank you so much Sister Kilts!!! & family.  Her other son is leaving for his mission soon to the Philippines and its just exciting to see how many more children of God are going out into the field. The other day there was a huge gathering of girls who received a Facebook invitation to meet at the front of the Reflection pool on Temple Square to have a photo. The girls were all those who had recently received there mission calls and they were to come holding the flag of the country they were going to serve in.  There were over 300 girls that turned up for the photo and it was so touching to see so many girls soooooooo excited to be serving a mission. I talked to two of the girls who were called to Australia - Melbourne and Perth Mission's - and I helped them get even more excited. So, so, cool.

I also met a lady last night who came to the Square with her family and turns out her sister was mission companion's with Aunty Tiff.  Her name is Melanie Anderson and her sister said to say hi. Small world right?

Well, its been a great week and health wise and physically I've felt better this week. The Kilt family were so sweet and brought me a big bag with hot chocolate, marshmallows, chocolate, vegetable thins, mandarins and peanut butter. So good and so sweet of them! Thanks for joining the blog mum because I have felt the love.  One of the Sisters here - Sister Walsh - said she wants the link to send her mum to join so when you get a chance could you do that.  I know her dad reads my blog to so, "Hi Brother Walsh!"

Oh, can you ask Julia Colling's for her home address please because she sent me an email and I want to reply to her but I need her home address. 

Hope you are all well and healthy and are enjoying the warmer weather for me!

Favourite scripture of the day:

Alma 26:11-12:

 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
Love you all, keep the faith and this week smile and say hello to everyone.  Oh and I heard Channie put her mission papers in (via my friend Amanda Raybould). Tell her congrats from me and tell her I'm so happy for her!!!! YAY for missionary work. I can't wait to be a mission prep teacher when I get back.

Picture 1:  I went to Music and the Spoken Word.
Picture 2:  I saw my friend Amanda afterwards.
Picture 3:  Opening my present from the Kilts Family
Picture 4:  My MTC District - we are all grown up.






Hi Brother & Sister Walsh,

Here is the link to join the ldsmissionarymom's group.  The dad's can join to if they wish.

http://www.ldsmissionarymoms.com/

Kind regards,
Ra Chadderton










No comments:

Post a Comment