Monday, December 17, 2012

18 December 2012


Hi Family,

Surprise!  I've moved on to my third companion for this transfer and we are just over half way.  I don't think I'm cut out for these kind of surprises.  My new companion was having some issues with her last companionship so an emergency transfer was the solution.  President Gillette called my trio in on Thursday morning to tell us the news.  I was so sad to be leaving my trio because I loved them so much. The first few days with my new companion was fine - the usual awkward adjusting period - but today we have had a few trials creep in so I am trying to remain positive in overcoming them.

Thank you family for your prayers and the love that I have received from you through other people.  Not to be rude or anything, but I am looking forward for this transfer to be out of the way and I'm looking forward to the New Year so I can make some New Year resolutions.  Thanks for the words of wisdom that you all gave to me, I really needed them.

I'm learning that Mission life has it's ups and downs and it's because the Lord is shaping me to be the person he knows I can become.  I just need to endure to the end and everything will be okay.  I'm looking forward to those Vitamin D tablets because I feel like I'm definitely lacking in that department.  I am really mourning the summertime and despite the cold, the snow is beautiful but I just miss the sun. Sometimes its hard when  you have problems with a companion because I feel like there is no one I can talk to and if I do talk to someone else then I feel like I'm gossiping.  I will work it out.  Keep me in your prayers please.

Oh, I loved the photos of the family.  Thanks heaps.  The babies are growing up way too fast, especially baby Rawiri.  He's going to be running around before you know it. 

On a more positive note, we were lucky enough to be surprised by our Mission President to attend the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert and it was AMAZING!  So inspirational and I was so grateful for our President's thoughtfulness in allowing us to attend.  Yesterday, at church we found out that Sister Gillette and one of the full time missionaries serving here - Sister Creer - have organized a dinner appointment at one of the members homes for all of the Temple Square missionaries!  Woohoo!  This means that we get to go and experience what it's like to have dinner in a member's home and it was touching to find out that there were so many families that had volunteered to have the missionaries over.  So, we are blessed to go to the Glade families home on Friday night for dinner and each missionary is to share a family tradition.  So, I received Hina's postcard in the mail this week with the Maori version of, "Silent Night" so I am hoping to learn it on the Ukulele this week so I can play and sing it for them.  It might turn out tragic but we'll see.  If all else fails then acapella it is.  But tonight is the last night that our Temple Square Choir will perform and its been so good singing in the Choir for everyone that comes to the Square on Monday nights.

Oh, bytheway, I saw Brother Carter the other day and it was so good to see him and he told me that his family were coming the following night to the Square and to wait for them at 7:00 p.m. Unfortunately, that was the night I was going to the Tabernacle Choir Concert and my trio and I tried stalling but by 7:10 p.m. my companions wanted to go so I missed them by 10 minutes. Tell them I love them!

It was especially sad to hear about the cyclone in Samoa and also the shooting in the USA.  I hope that all the people are able to feel solace and comfort from God at this time of year. I know I have really appreciated learning about the true meaning of Christmas this year instead of all the hustle and bustle of shopping. 

I'm sorry family if this email isn't my usual upbeat email, but I am really looking forward to calling home in 7 days and talking to you all.  I have felt the tender mercies of the Lord this week and although he gives us trials that we sometimes feel are too hard to overcome I know he helps us.  I'm grateful for the Saviour Jesus Christ and knowing that if I am true and faithful I can be together with my family again.  I cannot believe I'm almost at my 6 month mark - but who's counting? Haha....

Love to you all and thanks for being the bestest family in the whole wide world. Wish everyone you see a Merry Christmas and set some New Year resolutions. 

Sister Chadderton xoxox Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment