Monday, November 4, 2013

5 November 2013

Hi everyone,  I hope you've all had an awesome week. So much has happened this week for me and I always feel like I never have enough time to write and share everything with you. 

Anyway, one of the highlights or miracles for me this week was calling one of our convert families in England to see how they are.  You may remember that they were baptized at the beginning of the year in January.  Well, the 18-year old daughter answered the phone and she was so excited to hear from us and couldn't wait to tell me that she has just completed her medical papers for her mission and is looking to leave sometime in the early part of 2014!!!!  That was the best news ever!  Then we learnt that the 16-year old son was recently ordained to the office of a priest and the best news of all was learning that the Mum is preparing to go to the Temple in January 2014.  I was soooooo excited for this wonderful family!  I love being a missionary and having these experiences.  I totally wish I had the funds to fly to England after my mission to go through the Temple with the Mum.  But,  I will settle to go to the NZ Temple in honor of them - so awesome!  I know that I have been blessed to be an instrument in helping others to come unto Christ.

Well, our Halloween party started at 5:00 p.m. and we had a hilarious skit by our AP's about the importance of dressing and grooming modestly.  They did a skit where one of them sat on the lap of the other.  The person sitting on the lap had her arms tied behind her back while the other person sitting on the chair used her arms to apply make-up, hair clips, scarves and perfume on the other.  It was super funny.  Helped us to recognize the importance of taking a bit of pride in our appearance and groom.  After the skit we all enjoyed a baked potato bar for dinner and watched the movie, "Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe!"  Yep!  No Harry Potter this year!   It was an awesome movie and we had a great night!

So, my big toe is healing slowly and I gently slipped my foot into a pair of tights today and then eased my foot into my boots because yesterday was our first day of, "Snow" for the Winter. Crazy!  I haven't missed the snow at all and while I'm glad I won't be spending the entire Winter season here I will miss Temple Square when the time comes to leave. 

Last Monday my companion and I were invited to President & Sister Seppi's home because I wanted to see his house before I leave.  I learnt that while I was on my outbound, the sister missionaries were invited to President's home for a huge BBQ.  He and his wife are the sweetest couple.  President is a genius and he helped to construct the roof of the Conference center, City Creek Mall and is currently working on the Provo Tabernacle/Temple.  Anyway, we went to dinner first at 5:00 p.m. at a nice Mexican Restaurant and then we went to his house and had a fun tour.  We visited one of the ex-secretary's that used to work for President Gillette - Sister Horne - and she too is so sweet and gave us pumpkin chocolate chip cookies which are pretty much my favorite.  My companion and I had an awesome P-Day.

Well family, I received my travel itinerary this week and I'm sorry but I get home really,  really,  early on the morning of January 10 2014 at 5:45 a.m.  I almost cried this week when I learnt that Sister Vaivai had received her travel plans too but we were booked on different flights.   Upon learning this I immediately asked travel if it was at all possible for them to change the bookings to allow us to be on the same flight home.  I love travel because they must have felt sorry for me and they made the changes. Thank goodness!  I can't fly home without my twin! Haha!  At least thats what we dressed up as for Halloween - Twins!

Also, I am trying to schedule a tour with Brother Richard Lewis who was the missionary that baptized Nanny and Grandad Chadderton 50 years ago last month.  He emailed me a few weeks ago and I called him this week so hopefully I can see him and thank him before I go home.  So cool!

Have a wonderful week family and thanks for your prayers.  I love you heaps, thank you for your sacrifices and know that I am doing my best to be obedient and make use of my time wisely.

Sister Chadderton xoxo


Pics: Me and my companion Sister Vach, Twins for Halloween minus the ugly feet, me sitting by the reflection pool, missionary couples, AP's, Halloween celebrations, beautiful Salt Lake City Temple, my ugly big toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment